Snag lists for renovation works to existing homes and extension construction snag lists.
Snag lists for extension works to your existing home or property.
At Conspect engineering & renewable energy Dublin we carry out snag list inspections on a variety of building works to your home. New home extension snag lists are one of the most common type of works that we are asked to inspect and provide our detailed snag list report for presentation to the builder to correct the defects and snag issues.
Similar to Snagging a house but limited to the agreed works the builder has undertaken to extend your home the snag list will include all the internal fixtures, fittings, heating, electrical & plumbing checks. Snag lists for home extensions also include external items such as the envelope of the building, roof, guttering, boundary walls, pathways and landscaping etc.
Our top tips for snag list inspections on home extensions:
Never accept pressure from the builder to have snagging carried out on the house or building works prior to his actual completion of all works.
It is normal for building works such as a new home extension for payments to be staged, with a final payment made after a snag list inspection has been carried out and the issues are corrected by the builder to the clients satisfaction.
If alterations beyond the extension have been carried out by the builder, make sure to advise our snag list inspector prior to the snag list inspection to ensure the report will take account of any extras or alterations.
- Extra services available during the course of renovation works include staged visits to act as an independent guide for services such as advice between builders and the home owners, mediation services to get agreed scope of works back on ‘track’ for all parties involved.
- Specialist snag testing and inspections at key junctures to ensure comfort to extensively renovated and extended properties – older structures do not lend themselves quite as easily to modernization building practices etc. and that extra oversight can ensure a hassle free project with workable solutions that are versatile, building regulation compliant, design factors taken into account for the occupants and renewable energy systems advice etc. Contact our project team, consultants , quantity surveyors, building surveyors, listed building specialists and snag list inspectors of renewable energy systems on 089-2488004 – Most area’s covered nationwide across Ireland from our various offices.
Snag list prices:
Snag list for home extension (under 40 sq Metre / single story extension) from – €225 (incl.)
Snag list for home extensions (over 40 sq Metre / 2 story extensions) – Phone for prices
Snag list for renovation works or other building works – Phone for prices.
Terms & Conditions of snag list service:
– The above prices are based upon one site visit & report of findings. Secondary or follow up inspection & report service is available. The fee for second snag visit & report: €200 (incl.)
– Prices are for snag lists in Dublin city and Dublin county. Fuel surcharge is applicable for snag lists in Kildare, snag lists in Meath, snag lists in Wicklow.
– 2 – 3 days notice required for Booking snag lists in Dublin.